Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Naples

After Rome I headed down to Naples to visit my friend Danilo.  I met Danilo through one of my good friends Jessica when she worked with him in Charleston.  Danilo moved back to Italy last spring so when I found out I was coming to Italy I knew I had to visit Danilo in Naples!

Saturday we got pizza and walked around the city and went to an old castle out on the water.  That night we had a delicious dinner that his mom made which was pasta with tomatoes, potatoes, red pepper and a delicious salad with corn, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, and basil, it was soooo good!  Know I know why Italian guys don't want to leave home!  That night we met up with Danilo's girlfriend, Guisy (pronounced Juicy) and some of there friends and went out for a few drinks.  It was fun because everyone spoke italian so I learned a lot!

Sunday we spent the day at the beach and then I took the train back to Florence!

Train ride to Naples:








Danilo and I




Delicious beach snack that Guisy's mom made, its almost like a noodle quiche.





Ciao!

ML

No comments:

Post a Comment