Monday, July 9, 2012

Vatican

Side note: if you are expecting a postcard, you will have to wait until August when I can mail them from the USA!  I wrote 25 post cards last week and then went to mail them and they were 1.80 euros per card :( which is over $2 usd!  So I will be mailing them a month late when I get back to the states!!

On Friday we went to the Supreme Court of Italy, we spoke to one of the justices, compared our supreme court with Italy's, and had a tour of the building which was beautiful.

View from the top:

Cruz and I:



Chris peaking at the justices desk, apparently they doodle too!

That afternoon we went to the Vatican!  Side note about Italy:  They have lots of public transportation strikes! However they are planned and happen for all sorts of reasons, not just transportation issues.  So on our way to the Vatican of course there was a strike so no buses or trains were running but we got a cab, just wanted to share an interesting difference!

The Vatican was beyond beautiful and inspiring.  I loved the architecture, the paintings, and the sculptures!  It is amazing to me how old and what a historical significance the Vatican has even if you are not Catholic.






Mass was held while we were there, the music was amazing!


Swiss guards, they can't smile either

Me, Kyle, Vanessa, & Cruz

Ciao!

ML

No comments:

Post a Comment