Friday, July 6, 2012

Settembrini

Maria, Vanessa, and I went to dinner last night at a fabulous italian restaurant that does a full 7 course meal with wine pairings! I am definitely not a foodie, I would be happy with a Lean Cuisine from the microwave!  However last night I had the best meal I have ever eaten.  I am a pescatarian, so I don't eat any beef, pork, chicken, etc.  only seafood.  My reasoning is basically because it grosses me out and once I am mentally freaked out by something I can't eat it! So with this fancy food last night I was worried that I wouldn't want to eat some of the dishes but I went into it with an open mind and everything was sooo delicious!  The only thing I didn't care for was the black caviar.

1st Course:  Baccalla (salted cod fish) in a warm pea sauce

If you were wondering the wine over here is amazing!

2nd Course:  Catfish potato ravioli with caviar

3rd Course:  Scallops and mussels in an apple truffle sauce.

4th Course:  I didn't get a picture :( Bacalla ravioli with a squid salad on top

5th Course:  Risotto with a greed salad (looked like dried seaweed) and smoked mackerel, this was my favorite!


6th Course:  Swordfish with a lemon sauce and grilled vegetables.

7th Course:  Chocolate ice cream ball with a cherry glaze

Business Card:

This was a wonderful experience, especially since I don't normally eat this kind of food!  It will definitely be one of my favorite memories!


Ciao!

ML

1 comment:

  1. love risotto! that looks amazing. and I'm loving the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete